Tuesday, July 3, 2007

New job


Most of you know that I accepted a designer position with Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply in Bozeman. I start on Monday, July 9th. I intended to stay at James Bennett Design through this Friday, but it worked out better for today to be my last day. My bosses (James & Jean) surprised with me this really beautiful vase as a "thank you" and "goodbye" gift. It was so thoughtful of them and I couldn't have asked for better people to work for in the past two years. I've been really blessed thus far in my career to have found jobs that have allowed me to grow professionally and work with some super talented and wonderful people. So, I couldn't wait to find a spot for the vase here at the house. I put it on our "wall of shelves" in the living room, but may find a better place for it down the line. It kind of gets lost with all the books and stuff right now, but I wanted to have it out on display. The artist who created it used to be a baker and baked cakes for the rich and famous until she became allergic to the ingredients in the frosting, so she started making these vases. Her name is Jeanette McCall. Beautiful stuff!

No comments: